Linking Change and Resource Management:
- Quebec's Changing Reality
- Community Consultation
- The Community Learning Centre Notion
- Related Tasks:
- Reflection: Synthesis of previous course experience (part 1 ~ research paper)
- Think of group setup for class presentations --7 groups of 3 students (starting week 5)
- What topic would you like to cover? Who will you work with? etc. etc.
- Readings & Homework:
- When Leadership Spells Danger by Ronald Heifetz & Marty Linsky (Educational Leadership, Vol. 61, Num. 7, April 2004, pp 33-37). Article is found on page 69 of our course pak.
- *** Be sure to connect the reading with this week's class discussion (week 3) in your journal/blog.
- Weekly blog/reflection (25 marks): After each class please prepare a one page reflection on the discussion and topics covered during the class. What was new to you? What did you find interesting? How could this be used in your day to day life as an administrator? etc. etc.
- Complete Part 1 of research paper(3 marks):
- Complete this part on your blog as a separate entry. This entry will become part 1 of your final paper.
- Give me a short, short summary of the courses you've taken in the program so far. I want to know the topics covered, the scope/sequence of each course, the purpose, etc. How do they tie in together with each other?, how do they tie in with what you do in your day to day duties?
- If this is the first course you're taking in the certificate then describe other courses that you have taken (i.e. there's a student in the class who has already completed a masters in educational administration).
- Your response should be no more than 2 or 3 pages --and of course you can edit and refine this part right up until you submit the paper at the end of the course.
- Here's the link to the the research paper assignment on the course web site. Remember always keep the 'big picture' in mind and why would I ask for this information?
- IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS PLEASE DO SO ASAP: Spend 30 minutes with mentor learning in's and out's of Live Classroom before next class at a time covenient to you . Describe this experience in your weekly blog/reflection.
*** On Saturday morning I will be online from 10 to 12 to take care of any difficulties and to handle any questions you may have. If you can't log on please use my cell phone. Feel free to email me anytime with any questions or concerns.