- What is Accountability.... and accountable for what?
- Accountability and Public Education
- Success Plans and Accountability; Community Report; The Partners
- Related Tasks:
- Discussion (whole class):
- Brief discussion (previous week's reading)
- Comments and observations on reflection piece assigned last week (part 1 of research paper)
- Monitoring the Reform
- Breakout Rooms (small group discussion):
- planning your presentation by group (45 minutes)
- report progress to whole group (30 minutes)
- Readings & Homework:
- For this week's assignment you've all been promoted to principal.
- 1. Complete the Online Survey on Monitoring the Reform (video tutorial ~ 3 marks):
- Be sure to connect your thoughts and feelings with your real experience as a teacher and/or administrator. Use your present school or center for the data collection. This is your week 4 blog/reflection.
- How would the results of this survey help you manage the various responsibilities you have as a principal?
- The survey is found on the Learn Quebec site (on your personal page --right above or below the "Live Classroom" link.
- School boards will probably expect ALL principals in the province to complete this survey before end of the school year.
- 2. Go to http://leo.oise.utoronto.ca/~vsvede/. Look at the various headings:
- 3. Weekly blog/reflection (25 marks): After each class please prepare a one page reflection on the discussion and topics covered during the class. What was new to you? What did you find interesting? How could this be used in your day to day life as an administrator? etc. etc.
*** On Saturday morning I will be online from 10 to 12 to take care of any difficulties and to handle any questions you may have. If you can't log on please use my cell phone. Feel free to email me anytime with any questions or concerns.