Managing Inclusion & Special Education
- An Overview of Ministry Policy on Special Needs
- Board, Principal, and School Level Responsibilities
- 2006 Update (new MELS policy, new definitions, new teacher's collective agreement, parity committee
- Related Tasks/Resources:
- Discussion (whole class --face to face):
- Discussion: Jenny & Alan's presentation with breakout room activities
- Parity Committee & New Responsibilities & New Structures
- Readings & Homework:
- 1. Readings on WebCt
- The Red Shoe (Educational Leadership, ASCD, September 2000, Vol. 58, Num. 1, pp. 74-76).
- Teaching the Tweens (Educational Leadership, ASCD, April 2006, Vol. 63, Num. 7, pp. 14-19).
- Quebec Graduation Rate: Indicators
- 2. Professional Learning Communities (Presentation Feb. 25th)
--- coming soon!!!
- Readings: ?????
- Handouts: ??????
- Advance Organizer: ???????
- Will post depending on what presenters want to do
- 3. Weekly blog/reflection (25 marks): After each class please prepare a one page reflection on the discussion and topics covered during the class. What was new to you? What did you find interesting? How could this be used in your day to day life as an administrator? etc. etc.
- Be sure to connect the readings on inclusion/special needs with Jenny & Alan's presentation in your blog this week.
- You may also refer to the class discussion (Feb. 18th) and your experience of the special needs dossier in your weekly reflection.